Meet The Troops

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Area III Military Family of the Year

I think I'm finally fully back in Korea... Our trip to Seattle was wonderful, and I am beginning to feel normal after the jet lag, time difference, and cold that someone on the airplane was so kind to pass on to me. :(

While we were on our trip we found out that we were nominated for Area III Military Family of the Year! We were so honored, and humbled to have been counted among these families that are so amazing and such a blessing to our community. They held a ceremony last night to honor each of the families nominated. I had a friend snap a couple pictures for me since we were all dressed up for the occasion.



I didn't take many pictures because the lighting was so bad inside, but I took a couple...


Faithy does not enjoy getting her picture taken, so all I could get from her is this almost smile...


As for our trip pictures, instead of posting ALL of them on here, I put most of them up on Facebook. But I did have a few favorites I thought I'd share...

The kids were so patient with all the waiting we had to do while traveling. I am so thankful we made it through the flights there and back with very little complaining. :)


My beautiful Joy


My handsome Man and my Baby Boy...



My Sweet Joshua...


A small part of the Seattle cityscape...




Since we've lived in Korea most of his life, this was Samuel's first trip to a pumpkin patch!



It was wonderful to be on vacation with my family and get to see so many of our good friends and family members back in the States, but it feels good to be 'home' too. I never thought Korea would really feel like home, but somehow it does for now, and I'm glad to be back. We will work on getting back into our routine this week and hopefully I'll be posting more regularly again.  :)

2 comments: