Meet The Troops

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

To Market, To Market

I LOVE the market! We actually went twice today... :) It's just too much fun!
They have the street market here on days that end in 3 and 8 each month and it is close enough to walk to from the house. :)
The kids love to see all the fish. This vendor had live crabs and fish to buy! You can't get much fresher than that!
We came home with a new teapot and a ton of very yummy produce! There was so much to choose from, I had to hold back cause I would have loved to bring it all home.... And the prices are too amazing. Here is a little glimpse...
It is all SO YUMMY! I can't stop eating the cherry tomatoes, they are so sweet. We got this huge basketful for a little over $2.00 (3,000 Won). I cooked up some of the eggplant with lunch and it was delicious too! I'm so happy to get to shop at the market for fresh food like this...its a little bit of heaven for me.  :)

This evening we went back and Peter bought me a couple of beautiful plants for the house. I love them! Can you believe this big one on the right was only 5,000 won?!! So cool! I think I'm gunna like it here.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to weird you out by some stranger leaving a comment on your blog, but I met your husband yesterday outside at the apartment complex and he gave me your blog address. I'll have to come down and meet you in person sometime. We live in the same complex (building 4, apt. #1204), my husband, Seth is also Army and this is our first duty station. It sounds like you guys had quite an adventure getting here! Anyway, hopefully we can meet up soon. If you need anything let me know (your husband has my number)! We have a blog too, but it's private, so if you want to read it get me your email address and I'll send you an invite my email is lisawege@gmail.com. Have a great day!

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete